Now and Later

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Blue hair? This is supposed to be one of those "deep" films where you start to question things about your life. In this case you are supposed to question things about your relationships w/ other people. If your memories of the one you love were erased, would you still love them? The answer to that question, I think, can be found in Alzheimer's patients. No, if you can't remember someone, you can't love them. I suppose you could love them in the sense that you should love everyone.
Anyway, that's kind of a stupid question. I guess a better one is how much our memories make up who we are. Should I erase a bad memory? There are days when I wish that I could forget the day my mother died. But, that is a day that changed who I am. I would not be the me that I am now if I hadn't lived through that day. This is a change that could either be good or bad, I'm not sure.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ivory said...

Another theme in the film is that if you forget the past, you are doomed to repeat it. a bit Cliche, but accurate.

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home