Now and Later

Monday, November 12, 2007

Freedom Writers

I wasn't expecting very much going into this film. Everyone was saying that it was so good and incredibly inspirational, which always makes me very leary of films. In that respect it was very cliche and ordinary. The story is terribly inspirational, more so because its based on fact. However, I found the characters extremely flat and predictable, especially the teacher. Everything she did was represented as altruistic and noble. She never had any doubts, she was never selfish, and she never even considered compromising her principals. To me that just doesn't sound like a real person. That is why I usually hate these kinds of "inspirational" films, they are to predictable and unrealistic.
There were parts that I found amusing and sad, as they were intended to be. I can't say that it is a completely worthless film, but it didn't really leave that much of an impression on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home